Facebook event page
Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve
12020 Black Mountain Road, San Diego, California 92129
January Monthly Pack Walk: Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve on Sunday 01-13-19 @ 9:00AM.
Please follow the directions below!!! There are several entrances to the Park with many different trail heads. We are meeting just inside the main Park entrance where you are required to pay a $3 park fee.
•From the 15, take Exit 17 onto Mercy Road headed West
•Drive 1.5 miles on Mercy Road until you hit Black Mountain Road
•Continue STRAIGHT into the Park Entrance
•Parking is $3.00 CASH ONLY
This hike is ideal for all level walkers and hikers. This will be a 6-mile round trip nature walk to the Los Penasquitos Waterfalls. Depending on the weather and energy level of the group, we encourage novice walkers to turn back at any time depending on your comfort level. Since there's no summit and an even level walking path, it's easy to turn back at any time and there are plenty of trees and shade to take breaks.
— NOTE: We want you to focus on the bond between Pittie & Parent, always watching your dog for nonverbal cues and body language to determine what your dog is telling you (yes they talk to us all the time). SOCIALIZATION comes natural in a pack setting so please don't force your dog to meet other dogs. Find a PACK LEADER (one of us) if your dog is feeling anxious, nervous, under the weather, reactive toward other dogs or people.
— Our first priorities are safety and education, so please read our 2019 Pack Walks Rules below before you RSVP:
• One dog per person
• All breeds welcome (we don't discriminate!)
• Dogs must be up-to-date (UTD) on vaccines and SPAYED/NEUTERED to participate
• NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES permitted
• NO HARNESSES permitted — we prefer to use MARTINGALE COLLARS or other training devices **If your dog requires a harness due to a medical condition, please let us know
• A normal buckle or clip collar may NOT be used for walking, these collars are for ID purposes only and are not built to walk/train your dog
• We recommend a Martingale Collar or Slip-Leash (both are available at walks to practice with and purchase)
• At the beginning of each pack walk or dog-related event, SDPP Coordinators will be checking each leash and collar for proper fit
• Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between your dog and others (that’s a car’s length between you and your neighbor)
• We all walk at difference paces, but please DO NOT pass the lead SDPP Coordinator unless otherwise instructed
• When a dog needs a water break we will all take a break together as a group, please do not pass others
• We discourage nose-to-nose interactions — refrain from introducing dogs until AFTER the pack walk (we can provide a demo upon request)
• You must supply your own poops bags & water
• For Dogs-In-Need-Of-Space (DINOS) if your dog is working on socialization, learning leash manners, has anxiety or a medical concern, please BE SAFE and do not interact with other dogs — find a PACK LEADER to borrow a ***YELLOW RIBBON*** to signify your dog is a DINOS dog
Contact Kristin (571) 438-5881 or Jolene (619) 203-8433 if you are running late or cannot find the group.
— *By clicking on the RSVP «Join» button and attending this event you agree to the following: You are attending this event at your own risk, in result of any injury or accident that may occur, you are fully responsible and will not hold the «Pittie Parents» group liable for any damages or claims that may occur. Pittie Parents is a 501©3 not-for-profit organization, we accept no liability caused by events or occurrences held on Jan. 13th, 2019 during this pack walk.